Monday, February 22, 2010

changes, changes

This weekend was full of happy news! On Sunday night, my sister-in-law Jenny called Tyson and I over and shared the wonderful news that her and my brother are expecting. How exciting! It’s been so long since we’ve had a little bundle of joy in the family, and I’m so excited to be an auntie! I think even Tyson was happy. Jenny and Chris are going to be such great parents, and they have so much to offer a brand new baby :) Lord willing, come November we will have a new, happy and healthy addition to our family!

2010-02-209508.24.57

In less life-changing, but still exciting news, Tyson and I finally got our brand registered. There were some setbacks, so we couldn’t get the exact brand that we had originally planned on, but the one we have is the same idea and still equally as great.

0218102000a

Ty came up with it. Originally we wanted the T above the K, but the NMLB can’t do that, so we switched it. It is a symbol of our future together, the house of Katie and Tyson. I thought it was very thoughtful, and seeing how much Tyson loves it makes me so happy. This weekend we even started building our branding iron together. I wasn’t aware that I was going to have to actually weld! But I tried, and we made some progress. It’s fun to do unusual stuff like that together. Hey, someday soon maybe we’ll be branding our own cattle! (Or maybe I’ll be at the house making lunch… either way) Whether it’s new babies or new brands, life is moving forward so fast and I’m so glad I have such wonderful family and friends to share it with. Love ya’ll!

No comments:

Post a Comment