Thursday, May 27, 2010

welcome back, summer!

Well summer has begun and it’s not quite what I thought it would be.

My awesome job that I was so excited for turned out to be a disaster. My supervisor was unorganized, irresponsible, and frankly, just clueless. There was little, if any, accountability for the children, and I was extremely uncomfortable. A couple hours after I got there, I left on my lunch break in tears and met Tyson in town, sobbing. I stuck out the rest of the day, but called home to my parents that evening. They agreed with me that a part-time summer job shouldn’t be such a liability, so I quit the very next day. I’ve been sitting at the house ever since, filling out application after application. I haven’t got a single call yet, and it’s getting pretty depressing. Tyson isn’t my husband, and I hate having to depend on him. I just want to me independent me again. Keep your fingers crossed that my luck changes soon.

In other news, I am so happy to be living here in La Luz. I love being with Tyson; he makes me so happy and takes such good care of me. Living out in the country is the best, too. I can play outside with the dogs all day, go on long walks, tan on the front porch, and watch the beautiful sunsets in the evenings. Since I’m not working, there’s been lots of time to brush up on some hobbies: reading, cooking, baking, and napping :) That being said, I AM very anxious to go back to work.. somewhere, anywhere.

Tyson’s 24th birthday was on the 15th of May. We celebrated with a big party here at the house. I cleaned everything until it was spotless and cooked massive amounts of food. It was so much fun and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. My 21st birthday is two and a half weeks, so that’s exciting, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment