Monday, March 29, 2010

redecorating!

About a month ago, Tyson and I started planning to redecorate the bedroom at his house. No offense (okay, take all the offense you want) but his old bedroom was UGLY! Ha! Three of the walls were plain white, and the wall the bed was on was sponge painted light/dark green. Throw in a ratty old green comforter, plain furniture and practically no decorations, and thats about it. I wish I would have taken a before picture!! It was such a simple "boy" room. Blah.

Typical me, I decided to take over this mess and re-do it all. It was about time for a grown-up, classy bedroom, for the both of us to share. I love the turquoise/chocolate color combination, so we decided to play off that. The room isn't done, but here's some pics of the painting process!!!



Talk about an expert! Painting the turquoise. I love it again the brown wall!


Turned out to be a great contrast. Most of our room decor is the same espresso color as the barn star!


This is the tan color we painted the other two walls. After I took this, we decided that mirror is garage sale material :)

Yesterday we put on the new bedding and hung up some of the decorations. It looks like a totally different room! We still need to finish a little bit of painting, hang up curtains, get new nightstands, (start and) finish our big replica of our brand that's going on the chocolate wall, and build a hat rack. My goal is to have it all done by the time I move it-- a little over a month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment